This is not a blog meant for attention or for bragging. I'm not one of those crazy Mormon mommies who take a zillion pictures of the cute hobby lobby crafts I did earlier during the week. Or the cute things my child said or the funny things that happened in our life. Truthfully, I have no children to show off, and I can't craft worth a crap. But I like to think of myself as an intelligent woman, whom the best way I can express my thoughts and ideas through writing. This is mostly a journal, an insight if you will to what I really think about as I go through life. I'm not looking for viewers in any sense. Just somewhere I can write my thoughts and can look back on them in the future.
I already know what others might think: "isn't that what a journal is for?" "If you're not looking for attention why are you writing a blog about it?" "I hate bloggers!" Well, the truth is, I'm not a good journal keeper. And even though I'm not attention seeking, if my thoughts were to somehow penetrate into someone else's mind and possibly help them for the good, then I'll feel that I helped at least one person in this world. If i write it in a journal who would see it? Who would benefit from it? Who would it help? No one really. So that's why I chose a blog.
To respect and protect the privacy of myself and my family, I will not disclose personal information about myself ourselves. Only that I am married, whom I will refer to as "the hubs", or "hubby", "husband" (you get the picture). I will reveal, however, my religion. Because my thoughts mainly center around my beliefs and the things I was taught throughout my life, and the things I learn since then. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. In short terms, LDS, or as most people know us as, the "Mormons". I will always refer myself as to our actual title, or LDS for short. Mormon to me is an ugly term in which people only associate with people who have enough children for three families and have five men in the household (which everyone should know by now, we don't practice that. We haven't for several decades.) Anyone who should have a question about our church or our beliefs should always feel welcome to ask.
So, this is just an introductory. I'll begin writing my actual thoughts here soon, with every intention of making this a regular habit.
Until then,
Thoughtful Latter-Day Saint
No comments:
Post a Comment